Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Results Day

We're expectiing results today on the fluid that was taken off my Dad's right lung on Monday. We're hopeful, of course, and keeping our fingers crossed.

One thing that has really confused me is how, just now, they've said that my Dad's ribs are still cracked from his fall earlier this year. It doesn't seem possible that his ribs could still be broken over these many, many months. Plus it has me wondering how this couldn't have been noticed with follow-ups for the initial treatment.

I can't help but think that the cracked ribs and the fluid have something to do with one another. Hopefully we'll find out everything today.

Barb and I's hearts were with Alyssa and Charlie yesterday. They're kitten, Simba, still less than one-year-old had not been himself the last few weeks. A trip to the vet revealed that Simba had fluid through his mid-section. The diagnosis from the vet was not good. The vet suggested putting him to sleep. He also warned that this rare disease was also likely contagious and would affect their other kitten.

Alyssa would not accept just putting Simba to sleep. She convinced the vet to extract some fluid and run some tests. The vet did.

How ironic...my Dad and Simba both having fluid extracted and tested with results due tomorrow.

The vet apparently called Alyssa last night and informed her that early tests were negative. Then he called back later and said that he never saw a cat bouncing back so well.

Our thoughts have been with little Simba all night, and Alyssa and Charlie of course.

Our thoughts have also been with my Dad and Mom has they await his test results. We'd, of course, like nothing more than to see him home for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers. It is still possible he does have the original disease but all I can do is hope that it is something curable instead. He isn't feeling so well today and I picked him up and his whole body flopped over.
Sorry to hear that Paul isn't feeling so great and I hope to hear good results from him.

Love,

Alyssa

Jim Albert said...

Thanks for the update Alyssa. We've been thinking about you guys constantly.