Thursday, June 26, 2008

What I Sometimes Miss

Ever since Jim was diagnosed with cancer, he and I both miss certain things that we would do together. Playing tennis, ride our bikes (fairly fast paced through town). I think one of the things I still would love to be able to do is go back to the Outerbacks in North Carolina. That may be grasping at straws a bit considering what we have to deal with. Although I am hopeful that even at some point when he feels well enough and I am confident that he does, that we may be able to take a weekend trip somewhere.

I had such a wonderful time in North Carolina, not just because it was our honeymoon, but because I had never been there before. I thought the area was beautiful and I got to see things Jim used to see when he had spent many times there in the past. The home we rented for that week may not have been right on the ocean, but I didn't care, I just loved the thought of being there. Even though we went in the midst of August when it is very busy, I had best time I had ever had in a very long time.

One thing is for certain, I have a ton of wonderful memories of that trip and even if I never get the opportunity to go there again, I have that to look back upon.

No comments: