Friday, June 27, 2008

Another Chemo Friday

All went smoothly for another chemo Friday. I feel a little tired afterwords, like usual, but that's more from the Benadryl drip bag more than anything else.

I did ask one of the nurses, out of curiousity, what the length of time was for most people receiving chemo treatments. She said that it widely varies, from a few minutes to as long as eight hours. She added that the typical time was about four hours.

Four hour!!! Wow! I didn't realize that.

My chemo lasts about an hour and a half, and that includes the Benadryl, followed by a saline solution, and finally the Torisel. Or in other words, it lasts long enough to finish three crossword puzzles with Barb.

My oncologist is heading back home to India for a two week vacation. So today we set up appointments for a CT scan after next week's treatment, and then a consultation with an interventional radiologist.

I'll be a little nervous going into that CT scan, hopeful to at least see stabilization of the tumors in my liver, if not some shrinkage of the tumors.

This past week I haven't had the little headaches I've had the week before. But this week, every morning, I wake up with puffy, swollen eyes. Don't ask me why. I don't know. My eyes settle down after a bit.

Right now I'm tired, more from the Benadryl that anything else. So I'm going to tie up this blog and start thinking about a little nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that this chemo is better for you. I can't believe how long some people have to sit there through it. Have a good weekend and keep your faith strong God will be there through every step of the way.

Love,
Alyssa