Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday Morning Tests

After a month of wondering what's been causing me so much pain in my right side, tests officially began this morning to try to find out the culprit.

I should mention that the pain has gone down substantially, almost completely gone away. And the lymph node on the back of my neck has shrunk considerably also. So I hope the tests aren't too little too late. I really want to know what this was the past month, because I certainly have never felt anything quite like it.

More needles this morning, and two viles of blood drawn, for more blood tests, which have almost become a monthly thing for me. I also had the first ultra-sound of my life. It's strange stuff, warm gooey gelatin on my belly, and rubbing the world's biggest computer mouse (at least that's what it looked like) over my abdomen for a good 40 minutes.

I did notice this morning that the ultra-sound technician was spending a lot of time, and taking a lot of pictures, of my left kidney. To confirm this I said, "I do have a cyst in my left kidney." The nurse said, "I know. I'm measuring it right now."

This let me know when she was focusing on an area and when she was not.

And she focused a lot of attention on my gall bladder. And she focused a lot of attention on the base of my breast bone. So? We should find out tomorrow what was found, if anything.

Now it's up in the attic to pull down a couple rolls of old insulation that was installed improperly.

More updates tomorrow . . .

No comments: