Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Torisel Versus Nexavar So Far





Photo of the Day
Self portrait


So far the Torisel has been much kinder to me than the Nexavar had been. The Nexavar did have 14-months to eat away at me though. The Torisel has only had two-weeks thus far.

On the Torisel I still get fatiqued. But it's not as bad as the fatique from the Nexavar had become.

The Torisel also tweaks my belly and digestive system a bit. But it also is not as bad as the Nexavar. My appetite also seems to be down. On Nexavar my appetite could be a bit of a rollercoaster.

Since starting the Torisel I've had some minor headaches. But I'm not sure that is the fault of the chemo. My sinuses are active now, and seemed to be clamped down on the Nexavar. And the air conditioning at night seems to put the sinuses into motion too. My theory is that all of that is causing me some minor headaches not the Torisel itself.

But on the Torisel I'm free. I've actually woken up after Barb some days. Wait a second, let me say that again, I've actually woken up after Barb. Sorry that's something I have not been able to say for 14-months.

Albert Design Studio is rolling. I'm thick into the middle of a nice web site this week. And we've got a self-promotional post card we're trying to get on press. There are two more web sites in the works. And I want to talk to a friend about doing some more print design work.

I figure that life must go on. It's good for me to get back into it, although I can't pull the 12-hour work days that I used to do. That was never a healthy work schedule anyway.

I couldn't do it without Barb's help. With her handling all the administrative stuff I'm free to just be creative. She's been a huge help.

And I've got to get back to the web work. This client really enjoys all of the Flash animations and creativity that I specialize at. There are a lot of graphic artists out there that try to pander to the standard corporate designs that simply bore people to death. I think people want to be entertained, actually I know they do. And I walk to the beat of my own drummer, always have, ask anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok someone needs to comment.

I'm glad the Torisel seems to be doing better for you. I am having weird sinus problems and headaches too so you may be having the same problem. I'm glad to hear that you're going to keep working and moving on in life. I will definitely tell you, you have your own drummer lol, but there's nothing wrong with that, we all should. Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow.

love,
Alyssa

Anonymous said...

p.s. thanks for the "news" video. you're crazy lol.

alyssa