Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quick Sunday Night Notes

Sunday truly was a day of rest for us. I'm sitting back this evening watching the Phillies be quirky, and digesting Barb's scrumptdeelieicious Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti. And Sunday was a day of reflection for us, of our week behind, our week ahead, and our refections on our ongoing spiritual journey.

Yesterday I probably spent more time at my desk, working the computer, than I have for some time. A client wants me to be as creative as I can be, while still staying in the business environment of finishing equipment for manufacturers.

We'll show off my initial offering tomorrow, a proposed homepage that needs a little tweaking and expertise input from the clients themselves. I thought it was pretty funky though. What do you think? Click here to view the site in development.

Like always I appreciate feedback. You spend hours upon hours on something and you lose your objectivity.

I've decided that despite my health challenges, it does me good to get up and live my days and do the things I love to do - create things. There's something about taking a blank piece of paper, or a blank screen, and making something come to life. It's very satisfying to me, and even a little magical.

I have gained a couple of pounds, and I am feeling much better overall. As long as the Torisel is working I really don't care how it makes me feel. And after two more Torisel sessions we'll see how it's doing so far. The oncologist noted that after only one month it may be too early to truly judge the Torisel. But he did agree that we should take a look at things with some more CT scans.

We have a sizeable list of things to get done this upcoming week. We hope to get a couple hundred oversized postcards out to local business we're targetting. The hope is to gather a couple of free-lancers, and gather a couple clients, and start managing the business as well as working it. I'm hoping to give Barb a foundation for a business that she can grow, and prosper with, for a long time.

It should all give me a week where I keep moving - and that's great.

No comments: