Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks

I am thankful to wake up every morning to enjoy another day of challenges anew.

I'm thankful to people, those around me who've helped me so much, who without I'd be dreadfully lost.

I'm especially thankful to Barb, for all she's dealt with, helped with, and just simply done over and over again and again.

I'm thankful for marshmallows. I don't know why but I think they're neat.

I'm thankful for cancer survivors who share their experiences so others can learn and prepare and beat these diseases.

I'm thankful for morning sunlight, shooting horizontal across the landscape, crisping the edges of all objects in its path.

I'm thankful to anyone who tells a a story, cracks a joke, makes an expression, and makes me smile.

I'm thankful for doctors and nurses who care, who show up each day not because they're getting paid to, but because they want to help, they want to accomplish.

I'm thankful to God for all that he has created around us.

It was great to be around all of the families this Thanksgiving Day week. There was lots of food, fun and friendship, and plenty of smiles. Barb and I feel very thankful for that. And there's just no better entertainment than the young ones faces, and their endless energy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: