Sunday, November 25, 2007

Enjoy the Quiet

During the Thanksgiving holiday the world goes quiet.

Now if you found yourself stuck in holiday traffic or joining the masses on Black Friday you may not feel the same. But for Barb and I the Thanksgiving weekend just slowed everything down, which is a refreshing break.

Not that things are real fast paced in good 'ol Marietta. But the lunch time traffic at the deli across the street was certainly much less. There were very few trucks rumbling through town. No one seemed in much of a rush of any kind.

I'm learning more and more that the chemo brings me a different adventure each and every week.

This week, if I bend my arm at the elbow just right and then slowly swing my arm back along my body to just the right point I suddenly get neuropathy of a nerve, which is a tingling, burning sensation. I've had it in other areas, including my neck, hands and feet. So far it's just come and then gone away. (shrugging shoulders) Strange huh?

Also my stomach decided to go cramp crazy this week. It feels like someone's inside there just squeezing. That has come and gone before too.

Each week it's a certain combination of various ailments.

But I continue to feel stronger, slowly but surely. I continue to fight towards good health.

The Thanksgiving quiet will end tomorrow and the hustle and bustle will be back, amidst a predicted full day of downpours.

And I'll be back exercising and working, nursing all the little aches and pains.

Because as everyone exclaimed at Thanksgiving festivities when I entered and pulled the beanie off my head . . . "Oooooooooo HAIR!!!"

No comments: