Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Notes




Me in the FJ Cruiser, with Barb taking charge of the camera.


Sorry it's been a couple days since we've "blogged." We've been embattled with a bathroom ceiling light/fan. I'll spare you all the blow by blow details. But with a little touch-up painting today we're going to be able to check that project off our lists.

I've always said that I'll do anything but electrical or plumbing work. Primarily because it always seemed to be important, significant work that should be done by someone more qualified than me. But since buying this old house, I've done both electrical and plumbing work. It's been fairly simple stuff though, mainly replacing fixtures. The bathroom ceiling light/fan will be the seventh light fixture in the house we've changed.

I guess I just feel more comfortable knowing how my house works, so I'm happy to dive into this stuff and learn. Mainly, I want to know what to do if something in the house doesn't work. I joke with Barb that we're on a mission to become more self-sufficient - more Amish.

I know a lot about this house. And I've got a lot to learn.

I'll work to further winterize the house today, while Barb finishes that touch-up painting in the bathroom. Not real exciting stuff, but it needs to be done and there's a sense of accomplishment at the finish. The work keeps me active and the more I'm active the more I'm fighting the fatique from the chemo.

The chemo does make everyday a little bit of a dice roll. You never know what you're going to get. I've had high energy days, and days that have required a nap. But I try to keep building it up, trying to get back to "normal." It's too early to know exactly what the chemo has in store for me today. We shall see.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: