Monday, November 19, 2007

Four Letter Word

Snow.

Jeesh, snow. That's definitely a four letter word around here.

It's not much. But just the sight of it as we woke up this morning was enough to remind us that the bucket of salt and the shovel are not far away.

I never much cared for the cold. And even though I grew up on top of a sledding and snowfort paradise, I've always preferred summertime, cut-off shorts and cannonballs into the deep end.

Since snow seems to have had a great deal to do with the original diagnosis of my cancer, it's met with even more mixed feelings from me. After a big snow in February of 2006 I found myself shoveling for a couple of hours. The next day problems appeared and I was off to the doc, off to the CT scans, and off to surgery.

On one hand, of course, the snow reminds me of originally learning of my cancer. On the other hand, without all the physical exertion that the snow created I may not have learned of the cancer for who knows how long.

So perhaps I should be thankful to the snow.

But I'm still hoping for a warm, dry winter.

Thanks!
Barb's family held an early Thanksgiving yesterday to help alleviate all of the crazy Thursday running around from everyone.

Thanks to Jay and Debbie and Ellis for inviting us all into their home, being such gracious hosts, and preparing such an incredible feast.

There is so much to be thankful for, and near the top of that list has to be the opportunity to have all the family together like that to share some laughs and some smiles.

It's great to watch the kids tear about when you know they're not your responsibility. LOL

No comments: