Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Special Guests

We had a nice visit yesterday from my parents and Lou and Doris Ursu, dear friends of my family.

It's been a long time since I've seen the Ursus, although their support through my struggles have been abundant, all the way from Florida.

But such strong characters as Lou and Doris do not change much through the years. They're just as wonderful, special people as they've always been.

I still remember visiting them in Traverse City, Michigan, when I was a young tyke. Their eldest son and I spent one afternoon in one of their fantastic cherry trees. We ate cherries all afternoon till our tummies hurt.

I remember Lou's remarkable gardens and bonsai trees. His desire to constantly learn new things, and meet new people. And I remember the laughter and kindess of Doris.

And it was all back in Marietta yesterday, well except the cherry trees.

I'm constantly touched by all the support around me. All of you are the reasons I get up and keep fighting this thing so hard each and every day. And it's why I go through every day with such joy, and such a warm heart.

I am one lucky man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are also an incredible person. Love you both.

Mom S

Anonymous said...

We had such a wonderful visit. Doris and I have been friends since we were 3 years old -- that is a lot of years. She has always been so sweet and kind -- such and warm and loving person. Her 2 boys are the same. David the older boy is just so kind with too much of a soft heart. He is so much like his grandfather Medel. He also has a very wonderful wife. Brian has also been touched with his mother's magic of kindness and love. His wife Joan and their 4 children also continue to keep the mold intact so I always look forward to just being with them and hearing about them over all the years. Lou makes me laugh a lot -- we are both such strong personalities and we tend to enjoy our arguments but we have such love and respect for each other that I cannot imagine our lives without being close to each other. So, it was without a doubt a very incrdible visit and I was so sorry to see them leave this a.m. Our time together just went by so fast. I am hoping that we can visit them in Fl this winter some time. Love MOM