Friday, October 3, 2008

One of Those Days

I woke up this morning feeling like a truck ran over me.

Actually it felt more like I was up partying all night long and had a massive hangover.

I wish I had earned a hangover, at least, but it's just one of those crazy cancer/chemo things I'm sure.

I had a good day yesterday. I did all kinds of stuff around the house.

I rewired a lamp. I wasn't even sure if I had that in me. But everything went very well and the lamp is working like a champ again.

I took two window air conditioners out yesterday. There's only three more to go. All of our air conditioners are manageable except for one, a huge beast of an air conditioner. Hopefully come early Spring we'll be looking to have central air installed.

I dusted the front two rooms of the house. Then Barb followed up with the vacuum.

It might not seem like a whole lot. But, for me that kind of physical activity throughout the day means the world. It's important for me to keep active.

About once a month, for quite awhile now, my mind will go into a sort of fog. I've discussed it with the doctors. But they're a little mystified by it. Personally I think it's occasional after effects from the whole brain radiation I went through.

It's hard to describe, my mind becomes foggy, I know what I want to say but I can't find the words, and my eyes go whacky. It doesn't last very long, maybe an hour or two. But it buts a bit of a frustrating fright into me.

After working all day yesterday I took a second shower to be squeaky clean for the kids weekly Thursday dinner visit. When I got out of the shower I had one of the foggy mind spells. It's predictable, my eyes quickly went to and I had a hard time focusing. It quickly rectified itself but I still felt pretty drained for dinner.

Then this morning I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me. It probably didn't help that the temperatures were in the 40s this morning. Brrrrrr.

Plus I had to get up and get out very early this morning to go get bloodwork done. My blood counts have to be at an acceptable level or they won't continue with the scheduled chemo - which starts around 2 p.m. today.

I'm slowly pulling it all back together this morning. I hope I can start to wake up by chemo time, because the chemo process makes me sleepy enough.

Maybe I'll work on pulling out another a/c window unit to try to get me started and spur a little more energy.

No comments: