Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quick Updates





Photo of the Day
The New Grate from 1894 (excuse the Freckle's hair - it's everywhere)


Trying to get some creative work done this morning over breakfast. I'm hoping to squeeze in some exercise time before Barb and I sneak out for his and her haircuts (I hope they don't mix them up!).

The doc doesn't think that my thyroid is really that large, based on last week's ultra-sound. He just thinks that I'm too skinny.

But it struck me, maybe I'm skinny because of something the thyroid is doing? I certainly am eating whatever I want without any weight gain.

We're going to add a thyroid test to my weekly blood count tests and see what it says.

Gratefully, the bruised tailbone keeps getting better. I'm making less and less old man sounds when I bend or sit or go to lay down.

I'll have to get back to the office after Charlie cuts my hair and makes me look almost-human again. The chemo-hair is a funky little adventure - blonde on top and down the back with dark roots, and dark on the sides. It fluffs up on top like a wild, overgrown bush.

More creative work to do this afternoon, which is good, good, good. One thing that I love about this business is the diversity. One day I'm working for a manufacturer of metal widgets and the next I'm working for a fashion designer.

I better wrap things up here this morning and get back to business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for the picture of the grate. It really looks good and of course, is perfect. What luck!!
Chemo hair is something else. One gentleman I met had his hair come back after treatment and it was curly on the left side and straight on the right. My hair came back very curly and very grey, as in white grey...if you can believe that. I thought only old, old people had grey hair!! I must have colored it two or three times a day for almost a week. It would not accept the color. But I still stand by the old saying "A Bad Hair Day is better than A No Hair Day anytime!!!
Suggestions for weight on... ice cream and hot fudge sauce. If you haven't any let me know. Sanders is not too far away. I will help you out!! JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Loved the grate and it is perfect. I think your hair is fascinating (for lack of another word) and yah the bad hair day quote is very appropriate because you didn't look so good bald. Now if I had to gain weight, Sanders would be my first choice. Just let us know when you need some and that can be arranged. Love MOM