Saturday, June 20, 2009

Scrapbook Saturday




Those high school photos can be embarassing.


I've been going through some old dusty boxes recently, of old dusty stuff. The old dusty stuff primarily pertained to old dusty me.

I found this great photo of me (above) from 1979. lol Of course it's just a gag, that I had shared on facebook as well when I used this as my profile picture yesterday.

I can only wish I had a cool afro like that!

Going through all these old pictures, and clippings, and this and that from school, from sports, from trips to experiences. I've gone through a couple boxes worth of stuff and begun the arduous process of translating these objects into a semi-organized fashion in scrapbooks.

The basketball category is done and safely in the book, acid-free sheets, nice book, the whole deal.

It took me 20-some years to take-on this task. For over 20-years I've been carrying about a history of my life smushed into four cardboard boxes. It's been over 20-years since I've even looked at this stuff.

And it will probably be another 20-years until I look at it again.

But by the time the scrapbook is done, I'll be carrying around a history of my life in one book, instead of four boxes.

No comments: