Friday, July 25, 2008

Chemo Friday

Whew, I just can't wake up today. I was out early this morning to go for my weekly bloodwork. I was out and back before 8 a.m.

Now I'm sitting here just wishing I could crawl back into bed for a couple hours. But I have the chemo treatment at 11:30 this morning. And they'll start by pumping me full of Benadryl, which is like taking the world's largest sleeping pill.

I have to remember that "normal" people have off days too. Sometimes I get so caught up in looking for cancer or chemo symptoms that I forget that everyone has off days now and again.

Overall my energy levels have been much, much better. Gone, at least for the past few weeks, have been my almost daily afternoon naps.

I had backed off the exercise for too long, primarily because of the pains I had in May and into early June. I felt that I shouldn't aggravate anything. But now I'm back into the exercising with great sincerity. I switch off every day between the Bowflex and the bike. We have a "trainer" for the bike that allows us to ride indoors. But I've been telling Barb that I want to get it back on the street for a casual ride someday very soon. The only pains I feel now are sore muscles, and I'm just fine with that.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the blog yesterday. For the record I'm wearing jeans with a couple holes in them today, with a Detroit Tigers t-shirt my Mom and Dad brought back from Detroit. (smile)

No comments: