Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back to Work

Getting back to the graphics work has been invigorating for me. Sure the rust has been falling off me as I get back to it after more than a year off. But it's coming back.

It keeps me awake and alert and up throughout the day. My worst enemy is the La-Z-Boy and the remote control. That's just like taking a big sleeping pill.

The work is feast or famine...like it always goes. People take forever deciding on what they want to do, and then once they decide they just can't wait to see it.

But one thing I just can't answer to any more is "I need it now!" I have to keep a sane schedule and that's just the way it has to be.

In slow work times, like now when I'm waiting for a go-ahead on three different proposals, there is still always something to work on. I can work on my own site. I can work on artwork for the house. And I can work on the house. Right now I'm trying to finish the painting on some french doors. Man I hate painting those things! lol

It's tough to get much done though on doctor days. Today we have to go in to the main campus of Lancaster General, in downtown Lancaster. I'm scheduled to meet with an Interventional Radiologist (or a resident doctor who works with this doctor we've been told) to discuss the possibility of an "ablation" procedure to zap the tumors away in a very uninvasive way.

We'll see.

Meanwhile Marietta is making local headlines. For some reason a former Congressman is trying to help sex offenders once they're released from prison. So he has set-up three in a house he owns in Marietta. The town wants them out.

If you haven't visited this site before www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us it's interesting. You can see what former sex offenders are in your neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh that is weird that he would try to help them. I would want them out too. There is also another website I look at for sex offenders, they send an update every time a new one comes in the area. It's familywatchdog.com. Good luck today, hope every thing goes well.

Love,
Alyssa