Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not Surprised

I was worried that I started celebrating and dancing a little too early.

I was right.

When the director of oncology/radiation at the hospital tells you that the billing for my radiation treatment is wrong - well you have a high degree of confidence that it is.

But I should know better by now. I was just being hopeful. Afterall a different bill that I settled last week had only been around for six-months.

Sure the radiation director believes that I was billed incorrectly. Sure I was billed completely differently for virtually the same treatment earlier this year. But this only gets me to the next level - the evil level.

The evil level brings in the muscle, the posturing, the politics. It involves different people from LGH billing and many, many, many calls to to my health insurer and the hospital. It involves new languages like "I'll send your EOB to LGH along with your adjusted claim for review."

I really shouldn't have expected anything different than it has been in the past - a huge gigantic mess. It's the last thing I need. But I'll hold off to Monday and knock me head against the wall again.

No comments: