Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Take on Christmas 2009

Since things were somewhat difficult we chose not to get a Christmas tree and use the Christmas Ladder (that belonged to Jim's grandfather). Sometimes I think things happen for a reason, I mean this in the sense that it was supposed to be that way, something that he loved very much.

The weather at this time was also not very cooperative, but we managed to get to Myerstown to be with Jim's family even though we were slightly late.

It may seem strange talking of Christmas, but I am trying to take into account some strange nuances that tend to occur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't strange. I thought of the ladder the other day also. When he first started the ladder my Mom and Dad just shook their heads. Doug and I smiled and thought, "Yep, that's our artsy brother". We weren't surprised. When you and Jim got together I remember hoping oh please let her understand and keep the ladder.
Back then when he first had it, the ladder was up all year in the center of the apartment. Always a focal point. I also remember 1 time when someone asked him to paint it. He looked like someone asked him to give Freckles a bath! I love that stupid ladder. :0)

Karen