Thursday, April 22, 2010

E-Mail April 10, 2002 from Jim

Well I'm not the most approachable guy on the planet, lol I can be a handful. And well, any kind of friendships and work can be a little awkward sometimes. But it's also the place we spend an awful lot of our lives.

Even though I lived in downtown York for a few years, that was awhile ago, and I really know this side of the river; and I really don't know that side.

I'm never short on ideas. We could meet up after work and head for Bube's in Mt. Joy for a drink...listen to some music...pick each other's brains...soak in the atmosphere...and make fun of the bartenders. I could show you the back of an old hardware store I live in(it's actually pretty nice I'm just used to renovated warehouses with lofts, wood everywhere and lots of room for cartwheels). And I could challenge you to a game of nerf ball. We could bare our souls through finger painting.

Then there's breakfast at the Hershey Hotel (I got myself thinking today). And we can digest all those chocolate pastries on the drive down to Lewes...dip my big toe in the salt water. We can walk in the sand until our shins ask us to please stop for awhile. As long as we get back north to Rehoboth for maybe some soul seafood right before the sun goes down over the sound. There's a great light show at the beach every night...so much uninterrupted skyline.

But morning calls and I'm a shot down the Eastern Coast away from my uncle. I'll steal his Boston Whaler (if he hasn't sold it yet) and see if I can find that abandoned coast guard station on one of the small barrier islands that dots the coast. This time I have to check the tide charts so I don't have to swim back to the boat.

Mmmmmm...and there's a great restaurant real close to that boat launch. I saw Black Elvis there once. I kid you not. (shaking head)

Or we can just hit Bube's and take it from there. (smile)

No comments: